Britax Dualfix 3 i-Size Car Seat-Blue Marble
Easily clicked onto the FLEX BASE iSENSE(available separately), it provides superior protection and cosy comfort for many journeys to come, until your child is four years old.
Britax Dualfix 3 i-Size Car Seat-Blue Marble
The DUALFIX 3 i-SIZE is our perfect follow-up seat to use after the BABY-SAFE iSENSE or any other infant carrier. Easily clicked onto the FLEX BASE iSENSE(available separately), it provides superior protection and cosy comfort for many journeys to come, until your child is four years old. The DUALFIX 3 i-SIZE suits children from three months up to four years – adapting to your little one as it grows to ensure continuous comfort and protection. It allows for both rearward and forward facing rides, making the transition quick and easy when your child is old enough. For maximum comfort, you can easily switch between six ergonomic recline positions.Your child’s safety is our top priority. That’s why we keep our internal standards more demanding than those of the current standard ECE R129 (i-Size). The DUALFIX 3 i-SIZE comes equipped with a large number of innovative safety features: The optimised side impact protection system SICT inside provides superior safety in case of a side collision. Additionally in combination with the FLEX BASE, our patented Pivot Link ISOFIX System protects your child in every kind of accident, whether it is from the front, the side or the rear. That is peace of mind you can rely on.Keeping all children safe is the engine that drives us every day. To guarantee the highest quality we keep the whole product development process under one roof – from the initial idea to the finished product. And we set our standards higher than those required by law and carry out regular tests for our car seats in our state-of-the-art crash test facility . That’s how we ensure that your child’s safety is always in the best hands.
- 360 degree rotation:Your child can easily be placed and harnessed in the seat thanks to the rotation feature, which allows you to turn the car seat to the door. Whilst we recommend keeping your little one rearward facing as long as possible, the transition to the forward facing position is quick and easy when your child is old enough. With a single flick of a switch on the bottom of the base, you can also turn the seat a full 360 degrees.
- Extended rearward facing:Rearward facing car seats offer the best protection in the event of a frontal collision – the most frequent type of accident on the roads. In a frontal collision with a rearward facing seat the crash forces are directed to the back of the seat, while the remaining energy is spread evenly across the head, neck and upper body. With a forward facing seat the energy of the impact is distributed differently across the seat structure and restraint system – potentially resulting in more energy impacting on the child’s body. We recommend that children should travel rearward facing for as long as possible.
- Multi-recline positions:Keeping your child comfortable while travelling is a must. That’s why this seat was designed with multiple recline positions, forward and rearward facing, that you can adjust with ease – offering a stress-free journey with a happy child.
- Superior Side Impact Protection:The integrated SICT inside offers your child superior protection in the event of a side collision. SICT inside keeps your child away from the impact while absorbing energy at the same time. And you don’t have to adapt or adjust anything – SICT inside is always ready when you need it.
- V-shaped headrest:Specially designed to control the movement of your child’s head, our V-shaped headrest ensures optimal protection in the event of a side collision while providing ultimate comfort at the same time. Plus, the headrest and harness can easily be adjusted from the front of the seat to suit your child’s height.
- 5-point harness:We believe a 5-point harness is the safest way to secure your child in a car seat because it keeps your child safe and tight in the seat’s protective shell. In the event of a collision, the harness distributes the forces of the impact across 5 points, two at the shoulders, two at the hips and one where the harness buckles between the legs. This helps to protect your child from all directions of impact.
- Soft performance chest pads:Our soft performance chest pads fit comfortably on your child’s chest. They help reduce your child’s movement in the event of a collision, and add even greater comfort to the 5-point harness. Plus, they can be easily removed for washing without disturbing the harness.
- Quick-remove cover:Things can get pretty messy on the road. Drinks can spill and children can get car sick. That’s why we designed a machine washable seat cover that can easily be taken off without removing the harness, so you can clean up quick and get on your way.
- Forward facing installation 76 - 105 cm
- Rearward facing installation 61 - 105 cm
- Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 59.4 x 44 x 46.5 cm
- Weight:5.2 kg
Car Seat Groups:
Car seats are categorised into the following groups and it is imperative that a category is chosen so the child's weight or height depending on regulation chosen, falls within the range indicated:
|Group||Child's weight*||Approx. age of child||Child's height†|
|0+||Birth up to 13kg/29lb||Birth up to 12-15 months||40 - 85cm|
|0+ & 1||Birth up to 18kg/40lb||Birth to up to about 4 years||40 - 105cm|
|0+, 1, 2 & 3||Birth-36kg/79lb||Birth to 12 years||40 - 150cm|
|1||9-18kg/20-40lb||About 9 months to 4 years||85 - 105cm|
|1, 2 & 3||9-36kg/20-79lb||About 9 months to 12 years||85 - 150cm|
|2 & 3||15-36kg/33-79lb||About 4-12 years||105 - 150cm|
*Applies to R44.04 seats. † Applies to iSize seats.
Note: some car seats will be approved in two or more groups. This just means that these seats have the ability to adapt as your child grows, meaning they can use them for longer.