Britax Dualfix i-Size Car Seat-Grey Marble
DUALFIX i-SIZE is the most flexible option for your child – from birth to 4 years (105 cm). The seat with 360-degree rotation offers ultimate comfort for parents and children and can be used rearward facing as well as forward-facing
Britax Dualfix i-Size Car Seat-Grey Marble
DUALFIX i-SIZE is the most flexible option for your child – from birth to 4 years (105 cm). The seat with 360-degree rotation offers ultimate comfort for parents and children and can be used rearward facing as well as forward-facing. Plus, thanks to the lateral rotation to the open car door, placing and harnessing your child is child’s play. All combined with a stylish and modern design and our expertise in child car safety – for your peace of mind on any journey.
Good to know: The DUALFIX i-SIZE has been tested by Stiftung Warentest (06/2018) with a rating of “GOOD” and a grade of 2.1.
During the first four years of your child’s life, they grow approximately 52 cm. That means that they will have outgrown 8 clothing sizes by the time they turn four. DUALFIX i-SIZE provides constant comfort during this time. With 12 recline positions forward and rearward facing, including an ergonomically flat lying position for a newborn and extended leg space for your “big” little one. This means ultimate comfort for the first 1500 days of your child’s life.
Your child’s safety is our top priority. That’s why there are no compromises when it comes to safety. Our internal standards are more demanding than those of the current standard ECE R129 (i-Size). DUALFIX i-SIZE has been equipped with a large number of innovative safety features: for example the optimised side impact protection SICT inside, implemented by a special steel element inside the seat. Or our patented Pivot Link ISOFIX System. This ensures that your child is well protected in every accident, whether it is from the front, from the side or from the back. That’s one thing you can rely on.
Keeping all children safe is the engine that drives us every day. To guarantee the highest quality we keep the whole product development process under one roof – from the initial idea to the finished product. And we set our standards higher than those required by law and carry out regular tests for our car seats in our state-of-the-art crash test facility . That’s how we ensure that your child’s safety is always in the best hands.
- The 360 degree rotation makes it easy to move the seat from rearward to forward facing and back without re-installing the seat. Plus, the seat can be turned to the open door of a parked car for easy placement and harnessing of your child. Then simply turn the seat back to the desired direction of travel until it clicks into place and you are good to go.
- The rebound bar not only helps to prevent the child car seat from tilting in an impact, but can also be adjusted by an entire 8 degrees. This allows you to easily adjust the rebound bar to the backrest of the vehicle seat and gives your child 10% of additional leg space.
- The integrated SICT inside offers your child superior protection in the event of a side collision. SICT inside keeps your child away from the impact while absorbing energy at the same time. And you don’t have to adapt or adjust anything – SICT inside is always ready when you need it.
- In case of an impact, our patented Pivot Link ISOFIX System directs the force first downward (1), into the vehicle seat, and then forward (2), more gently – greatly reducing the risk of head and neck injury for your child.
- Rearward facing car seats offer the best protection in the event of a frontal collision – the most frequent type of accident on the roads. In a frontal collision with a rearward facing seat the crash forces are directed to the back of the seat, while the remaining energy is spread evenly across the head, neck and upper body. With a forward facing seat the energy of the impact is distributed differently across the seat structure and restraint system – potentially resulting in more energy impacting on the child’s body. We recommend that children should travel rearward facing for as long as possible.
- Keeping your child comfortable while travelling is a must. That’s why this seat was designed with multiple recline positions, forward and rearward facing, that you can adjust with ease – offering a stress-free journey with a happy child.
- Specially designed to control the movement of your child’s head, our V-shaped headrest ensures optimal protection in the event of a side collision while providing ultimate comfort at the same time. Plus, the headrest and harness can easily be adjusted from the front of the seat to suit your child’s height.
- Our soft performance chest pads fit comfortably on your child’s chest. They help reduce your child’s movement in the event of a collision, and add even greater comfort to the 5-point harness. Plus, they can be easily removed for washing without disturbing the harness.
- We believe a 5-point harness is the safest way to secure your child in a car seat because it keeps your child safe and tight in the seat’s protective shell. In the event of a collision, the harness distributes the forces of the impact across 5 points, two at the shoulders, two at the hips and one where the harness buckles between the legs. This helps to protect your child from all directions of impact.
- The support leg provides extra stability for the car seat via the vehicle floor. It minimises the tilting and rotational movement and reduces the forward movement forces exerted on your child in a crash situation, helping to protect them. For a secure installation, the support leg can be adjusted to suit the height that’s best for your car. The easy-to-read indicator shows you when the support leg is positioned firmly on your vehicle’s floor.
- Things can get pretty messy on the road. Drinks can spill and children can get car sick. That’s why we designed a machine washable seat cover that can easily be taken off without removing the harness, so you can clean up quick and get on your way.
- Especially designed to give additional comfort and support for small babies. The included newborn insert with energy-absorbing foam pads reduces the space and allows babies to lie flatter in a comfortable, ergonomic position.
- Forward facing installation:76 - 105 cm
- Rearward facing installation:40 - 105 cm
- Dimensions (H x W x D):48 x 44 x 74 cm
- Weight:15 kg
Car Seat Groups:
Car seats are categorised into the following groups and it is imperative that a category is chosen so the child's weight or height depending on regulation chosen, falls within the range indicated:
|Group||Child's weight*||Approx. age of child||Child's height†|
|0+||Birth up to 13kg/29lb||Birth up to 12-15 months||40 - 85cm|
|0+ & 1||Birth up to 18kg/40lb||Birth to up to about 4 years||40 - 105cm|
|0+, 1, 2 & 3||Birth-36kg/79lb||Birth to 12 years||40 - 150cm|
|1||9-18kg/20-40lb||About 9 months to 4 years||85 - 105cm|
|1, 2 & 3||9-36kg/20-79lb||About 9 months to 12 years||85 - 150cm|
|2 & 3||15-36kg/33-79lb||About 4-12 years||105 - 150cm|
*Applies to R44.04 seats. † Applies to iSize seats.
Note: some car seats will be approved in two or more groups. This just means that these seats have the ability to adapt as your child grows, meaning they can use them for longer.